Presentation of EQUAL-IST project and crowdsourcing platform at the 16th Annual STS Conference 2017: Social Justice in Science, Technology and Environment
Category : Events
On the 8th May 2017 member of the Horizon 2020 Equal-IST team Ganna Plekhanova (S. Kuznets KhNUE) presented Equal-IST project and crowdsourcing platform at the 16th Annual STS Conference 2017: Social Justice in Science, Technology and Environment in Graz, Austria.
The 16th Annual STS Conference Graz 2017 was devoted to research in the areas of Science, Technology and Society Studies (STS) and Sustainability Studies.
Thematic Tracks of the conference were:
- Queer-feminist and Gender Justice Issues in STS
- Sustainable Food Systems
- The Mobility System and Social Justice
- Towards Low-Carbon Energy Systems
- Digital STS Discourses
- Responsible Research and Innovation
- General STS Topics
In the frame of track “Queer-feminist and Gender Justice Issues in STS” the next topics were discussed:
- Gender equality plans for higher education and science institutions in STEM areas
- Motherhood and care-constructions and transformation through technologies
- Critical, feminist, and engaged pedagogies within STEM and social science education: Learning and teaching social justice
- Social gender justice in academia and research
- Women and GM crops: Understanding impacts and the need for socio-economic considerations
- Queer-feminist science and technology studies
The topic of the presentation was “Gender Equality in ICT Departments on the Example of Simon Kuznets Kharkiv National University of Economics”. The presentation focused on goals and objectives of the project, prospects of Gender Equality Plans implementation for ICT Departments and results of the gender audit at S. Kuznets KhNUE.
Besides, Ganna Plekhanova presented crowdsourcing online platform, which was developed during the project HORIZON2020 ΕQUAL-IST, demonstrated its basic functionality and attracted conference’s participants to use the platform as external experts.