EQUAL-IST took the initiative to create the synergy on exchanging Gender Equality Plan development methodology and on the collaboration for developing effective policies on gender equality.
The European Commission motivated us to launch this synergy with related projects in order to address the high need, we all have: for data and building on previous experiences. The main target of this synergy is to identify common problems, discuss on methodologies to develop gender equality plans that each project prepares, and establish a joint task force.
This synergy is comprised by projects funded by H2020 programme Science with and for Society, under the same call focusing on Promoting Gender Equality in Research and Innovation, H2020-GERI-2014-2015. All the projects that are members of this synergy are oriented to develop Gender Equality Plans, so it would be useful to exchange information and observe the different methodologies and approaches and how they are implemented, so we can all develop effective practices & gender equality policies during the lifetime of our projects.
We believe that this synergy, enhances the sustainability impact of project members and adds value to Dissemination and Communication activities.
|Project||Full title||Usefull links|
|LIBRA Unifying innovative efforts of European research centres to achieve gender equality in academia.|
|Evaluation Framework for Promoting Gender Equality in R&I|
|Baltic Consortium on Promoting Gender Equality
in Marine Research Organisations
|Gender Equality Network in the European Research Area|
|Promoting Gender Equality in Academia and Research|
|Systemic Action for Gender Equality|
The aim of this synergy strategy is to increase the collaboration between EQUAL-IST and relevant projects, in the field of gender equality promotion in research and innovation by:
- Identifying common problems.
- Discussing on Gender Equality Plan development methodologies that each project prepares.
- Establishing a joint task force for integrating the knowledge generated from each project.
- Exchanging ideas about future policy suggestions.
Participation is free and there are no mandatory requirements of synergy members.
- Become synergy member with access to a free full synergy documentation.
- Provide feedback on the synergy in a written form or during a conference call.
- Participate in the free synergy meeting and workshops.
- Participate in synergy webinars.
Benefits of Membership:
- Synergy repository access.
- Benefit from free access to synergy workshops, webinars and one on one engagement with relevant projects to empower the sustainability of your project.
- Engage with experts in similar projects.
- Have your project logo and description on all synergy material and on the project website.
- Opportunities to present and network with other similar projects at workshops.
- All relevant projects may share through Social media the results generated and agree to use a common hashtag #PromotingGenderEqualityinResearchandInnovation → #PGERI
- Publication to relevant stakeholders through the Newsletter that EQUAL-IST will develop to present the experience generated of the synergy projects.
Should you have any further questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to be in touch.