EQUAL-IST project aims at introducing structural changes in research organizations to enhance gender equality within ICT (Information and Communications Technology) institutions by creating a basis for increasing the share of Gender in IST research.
- Investigate gender mainstreaming, women and gender studies and analyze Gender Equality Plans and best practices
- Support ERA objectives in Information Sciences and inclusive ICT education
- Implement Gender Equality Plans in 7 IT (Information Technology) partner institutions, amplifying Gender in education
- Test Gender Equality Plans to secure succesfull gender equality at European universities
- Create a crowdsourcing platform to promote a participatory approach and enable public discussion
- Evaluate to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency, positive actions and sustainability in political systems and institutions
- Spread best practices
- Acronym: EQUAL-IST
- Title: Gender Equality Plans for Information Sciences and Technology Research Institutions
- Grant Agreement number: 710549
- Call identifier: H2020-GERI-2015-1
- Topic: GERI-4-2015 Support to research organisations to implement gender equality plans
- Funding scheme: CSA – Coordination & support action
- Unit:Spreading Excellence, Widening Participation, Science with and for Society
- Funded under: H2020-EU.5. – SCIENCE WITH AND FOR SOCIETY and H2020-EU.5.b – Promote gender equality in particular by supporting structural change in the organisation of research institutions and in the content and design of research activities.